A way to NOT auto-renew memberships

Hi team, feature request (or request for someone to tell me if this is actually already possible).

1. Please build something that lets me choose whether I want a subscription to auto-renew, or email the customer to manually renew. (Switch from auto billing to “send” billing in Stripe)

2. This is important to me because realistically, the majority of my customers probably don’t want an ongoing subscription. They will likely be surprised by an unexpected payment in one year’s time, and I’ll probably get a shedload of chargebacks and complaints. But those that continue to use the service should continue to be charged. Therefore a one-time payment that provides “forever” access is not suitable.

3. My current workaround is to go into Stripe and manually edit the billing method for every single customer, when there is also no way to bulk-update this shiz. #tedious

Hey Aletta :wave:

Welcome, and thank you for posting in the forum! :partying_face:

We don’t have a way to do that at the moment, but it’s an interesting idea! I’ll start a feature request to support this in the future :bulb:

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: [Feedback sent to roadmap] :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: