Admin change membership

Is it possible for the site owner (or an admin) to change the membership a user has selected?

I’ve been asked this a few times, but haven’t found a suitable way to do it.

Use case:

Member has paid for Monthly plan, wants to change to annual.

I’ve had members say that they are prompted with a ‘you already have a membership’ error message when they try to change their membership, so they have asked for it to be done by us.

Is there a way that we can change the membership of a user?

I have had to ask members to cancel, refund them, then change their email on the backend and ask them to re-register for the other membership. Which isn’t a great experience for either party.

Hey Alastair :wave:

The ability to change a user membership from the admin side is currently not possible but it is in the roadmap. The current workaround is to create a “secret” page for each membership with a signup link on it. You can send members to this page where they can change their account themselves. I know this is not ideal but we do care and are working on these types of features. :grinning:

Hi Josh,

any update on that feature?

I need that for setup my existing members … So the case is - I have some paid members and some free members. I move from another plattform to webflow / memberstack … I will creat all accounts for them so that the members do not have any effort with the platform moving.

Hope the feature is coming soon.
Or is there another way for new or importing members?

Cheers jan

Hey Jan :wave:

Welcome, and thank you for posting in the forum! :partying_face:

We did add a feature where an admin can switch members between free memberships but we are still working on being able to switch paid memberships. We also have the ability to import free members but not paid yet. :smiley:

We do not have an ETA on paid membership imports and switching yet but we know this is important and are working on it.