MemberStack.io

Approve new members

1. Please build something that lets me approve users before they are allowed to access restricted content.

2. This is important to me because my industry requires that we “verify” a few key credentials before members can have access.

3. My current workaround is making people submit an application (via a regular form) then creating an account for them manually.

3 Likes

You could build a your own verification system in Airtable. Once approved move them to a new view (i.e. “Approved Users”) - that can send them to confirmation page with a “Confirm” Button. That confirm button has a membership type associated with it which means their MS account will apply that confirmed membership to their account.

3 Likes

Brilliant! I really need to spend more time in Airtable.

Do you put the “Confirm” button on a hidden page, or on a random page that’s hard to get to? I can see pros and cons to each.

If you do make it a hidden page, I recommend extending the default session duration to 1-2 weeks.

The default session timeout is 48 hours, so it’s probably safe to assume the user is still logged in. Still, it might make sense to just make the Confirm page a normal (not hidden) page with a random URL like 8374nq23unroqw89eryn98n9347.

2 Likes

Yep, would definitely hide it as you wouldn’t want everyone clicking the “confirm” button.

1 Like

Hi Duncan
How about enabling your zapier integration to update/change memberships until you have the approve member functionality ready? That way we could skip the confirm button detour…?
Cheers,
Gaudenz

1 Like