MemberStack.io

Can I send a web-request to your API (with no integration) and how?

Hi, I hope this is posted in somewhat of the correct location.

I’m a full-stack developer and I am interested in better understanding how I can interact with your API for the sake of a project. I searched the forum and the site and found some documentation (https://help.memberstack.io/post/front-end-api) which suggests what I’m after might ultimately be possible, but I think that documentation was written with the assumed context of some formal JS-based integration (MS with Webflow, as an example).

I’m wanting to make requests from my own C# API to your API, and process the response all on the backend of my product. I am interested whether or not this is supported and allowed by MS. If so, I would like to know the endpoint(s) I should use, any rate limits, and the formal definition of allowed/necessary parameters to provide to the endpoints.

All I’m really needing is to validate a user’s current subscription status based on some unique identifier that I already have. I appreciate your time and any assistance you can provide.
Thanks,
-Colby

2 Likes

Hey @colbybhearn, welcome to the community :wave:

We don’t have an API just yet. The documentation you are linking to is for accessing member information while they are currently logged in. It cannot be accessed outside of the browser.

That being said, what you are trying to do may be possible through a workaround. Can you explain a bit more about “needing to validate a user’s current subscription status based on some unique identifier that I already have”?

I am curious to see if maybe you can setup a webhook to get notified of new memberships and membership cancellations. It would be a way to keep your DB synced with ours.

1 Like

We have a webhook to move the records upon user sign up, but it recently got unhooked on accident (purely our fault), so the question was raised: “can we get to the data directly (api to api), instead of relying on zapier to create/update the data in our database upon subscription creation and cancelation.”

Sounds to me like that’s what we need to stick with!

-Colby

Ah I see! Yes, for now that’s the best option. If you don’t want to use Zapier though, we do have native webhook support where you can add your own endpoints (https://app.memberstack.io/webhooks). That will probably be less fragile since it doesn’t rely on Zapier.