MemberStack.io

Can I use Memberstack within custom websites and apps?

Hi there,

I’m a software engineer maintaining a micro-services architecture. We have some services that I am considering building with a CMS like Webflow, and would like to use Memberstack alongside Webflow. However, I will need to use the same user credentials across the application stack, for custom-built websites as well as our CMS-generated pages.

Two questions:

1. Can I programmatically add users to Memberstack via a Memberstack maintained Write API?
  2. If yes, can I use Memberstack’s plugin on custom-built (non-CMS) websites?

Thank you very much,
Melanie

1 Like

Hi Melanie!

Sorry for the delayed response here.

At the moment, I don’t think we have everything you need but hope to soon. There are many dev focused features coming down the pipeline that we are really excited about. When we have those, you should be able to do everything you outlined above very easily.

In the meantime, you can programmatically add users to Memberstack through our Zapier app and can even set passwords. And yes you can add Memberstack to custom built websites :grinning:

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the reply! Can you point me to docs about adding memberstack to a custom-built website?

I’m quite open to the possibility of using zapier to programmatically add users, but if I’m understanding correctly I couldn’t modify them (edit or delete) in this way?

Thanks,
Melanie

Here are our docs for our custom integration :grinning:

You can update Members with Zapier, but you can’t change their password through zapier. You also cannot delete a member through zapier.