Coupon information not passing through to Stripe

I’m new to Memberstack, but we had someone who is experienced set us up on it. We have multiple coupons, but our coupon information is not passing through to Stripe, so we have no way of seeing coupon usage.

For example, we have a coupon that takes off $100. I can see that someone purchased a membership for the discounted price, but that is currently the ONLY way I have to see that he used that coupon.

That transaction took place days ago and I still see nothing in Stripe that indicates that coupon was used. I see all the coupons in Stripe, so I know they are set up, but none of them show any usage, and when I look at individual payments, there is nothing that indicates that a coupon was used in either Memberstack OR Stripe.

Seems like a bug, so I wrote directly to Support, but if there’s a chance it’s a configuration issue, I figured I’d post in here because I still haven’t heard back from Support. Thanks!

Hey Jake :wave:

Welcome, and thank you for posting in the forum! :partying_face:

Looking into this now :smiley:

Hello again Jake :wave:

Just want to let you know we are still looking into this. I submitted a bug report on my end but I do not have an ETA on this yet.

1 Like

I just got out of a meeting with the development team and figured out the issue. Stripe does not allow for coupons on the one-time memberships on their end. So what we have to do to make this work is to subtract the amount before submitting to stripe. This is why it seems like coupons are not working. They are working but it’s not being added as a coupon in stripe. Recurring memberships do allow for coupons.

Thanks for getting back to me.

So are there no plans to allow us to track usage in MemberStack?

When they use a free coupon, nothing ends up going to Stripe, and there’s nothing to track this with on the MemberStack side.

Even with the API beta, there’s nothing returned that gives you an idea of which coupon was used.

We do have the ability to track coupons on our future feature roadmap but do not currently have an ETA. We agree this is a needed feature. :smiley:

I just added this forum post to the feedback for this feature.

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: [Feedback sent to roadmap] :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like