Downgrade the Paid account to FREE after expiration

Hello, everyone!

Is there a way/workaround how I could automatically downgrade PAID account to a FREE one after paid account expiration?

1 Like

Not yet, but I’ll let you know as soon as you can!

1 Like

:sob: … Had to ask it before setting up a workflow, silly me

Hi, @DuncanHamra I’m also very interested in this functionality. We would like to see members downgrade to the free membership after the paid membership expires. Actually a better idea is to have the option to have multiple memberships in an account. So the member signs up for the free membership, and then can choose from a menu of memberships, each individual priced, and with their own expiration date or renewal. When at the end all the memberships expire, the member still has its free (for ever) membership. I’m Actually working on a project where this will become handy. The customer creates several courses, and the users can signup for each individual course (each course can be a membership) some users only signup for one course, other for multiple. Access to the course usually expires in 3 months, so when the course expires, we would like to see the user account is still there but the free account, if all the other courses are expired.

1 Like

Another way to look at this is instead of using “hidden content” pages from the context of MemberStack, instead use the JS API to check “loggedIn” and redirect the user away if not logged in. Consider the case where you want someone to access the “My Account” section of your site even if they have an expired, canceled, etc membership. You just check for “loggedIn” against the member object in the JS API and redirect them if they are not. Otherwise, if they are logged in, let them have access to that page.

1 Like