Getting Ready for Launch - NEXT WEEK!

Hey Memberstack team -

We are getting ready to launch and have a few questions as we prepare to figure out some operational strain on our side. If we could get in line answers to these that would be awesome!

• In the Signup Form, is it possible to control the format of the data input by members? E.g. one of the things we want to collect is birthday, so is there any data validation available to make sure they are inputting their birthday in the date format MM/DD/YYYY.
  • Is it possible to have member profile fields that the member can edit at any time that are not included in the signup form? E.g. we will want to collect t-shirt sizes for some of our members - not critical to collect this info during signup, but could this be a field in their profile that they can update later?
  • Is it possible to add metadata fields across all members? Looks like it’s possible to add metadata individually to each member, but is it possible to define what metadata fields will be included across all members by default?
  • In the member data export, there are two ID fields - Member ID and Membership ID - what is the difference between these two IDs?
  • And in that member data export, is it also possible to export the sign up date?* In the member data export, what are the possible member statuses? I’ve been able to see Active and Canceled, curious what the other possible statuses could be.
  • Other than through a Zapier trigger, is it possible to import member data into memberstack? E.g. if we collect additional member info outside of memberstack, can we upload a spreadsheet with member IDs to update their member profiles in memberstack?

Hey Jess :wave:

Let me answer to the best of my ability :smiley:

• In the Signup Form, is it possible to control the format of the data input by members? E.g. one of the things we want to collect is birthday, so is there any data validation available to make sure they are inputting their birthday in the date format MM/DD/YYYY.
    Not currently by default. To do something like this you would need to create your own custom signup form.

• Is it possible to have member profile fields that the member can edit at any time that are not included in the signup form? E.g. we will want to collect t-shirt sizes for some of our members - not critical to collect this info during signup, but could this be a field in their profile that they can update later?
    Yes you can. You can hide them in the Memberstack modal and create a custom form that would allow members to update the fields you want.

• Is it possible to add metadata fields across all members? Looks like it’s possible to add metadata individually to each member, but is it possible to define what metadata fields will be included across all members by default?
    Yes, but it would take a little bit of custom javascript and the new API we have.

• In the member data export, there are two ID fields - Member ID and Membership ID - what is the difference between these two IDs?
    Membership ID is the unique id for that specific member. The membership ID is for the membership they are assigned to.

• And in that member data export, is it also possible to export the sign up date?* In the member data export, what are the possible member statuses? I’ve been able to see Active and Canceled, curious what the other possible statuses could be.
    We are working on exporting sign up dates right now actually.

• Other than through a Zapier trigger, is it possible to import member data into memberstack? E.g. if we collect additional member info outside of memberstack, can we upload a spreadsheet with member IDs to update their member profiles in memberstack?
    Yes, this is possible using our importer. The limitation currently for this is the import is only available for free membership members. We also have a new API that can do this as well

Thanks Josh. Appreciate your answers here. A few more have come up;

Date of Cancelation
Date of Upgrade

Can we get these in the export?

I also know our CTO has been reaching out via email to get some additional documentation from you guys. If you can reply to that as soon as possible, would be great.

@Josh-Lopez it has become urgent that our CTO gets a response to his questions today. We are blocked from launching due to his questions not being answered.

as a workaround until we can add these to the data export you can add a custom field within memberstack app and update that field using zapier because we do have a new Membership Changed trigger and an older Membership cancelled trigger. When those are triggered you can update a custom field and those would be shown on export.

As for the CTO email, I have notified our dev team but I do not have an ETA on when they can get to the email. The questions are a little too technical for me to answer.

Hm, I may need a bit of help to understand this. So we would add a hidden field in the form for upgrade date and cancelation date?

That is correct. You can set a default value of “unknown” or something on the signup field so data is in the field but you would update it using the two triggers in zapier.

Okay will give that a shot!

@Josh-Lopez any word from your tech team? we are in a bind, and need to launch our product and it is essential that those questions get answered. Especially because we are required to collect taxes and need to be able to send billing zip to Stripe. And if we can’t do that, we may need to explore a different provider. If easier, we can set up a call? Really appreciate it.

Answers should be sent now. :smiley:

Thanks Josh! Know Seth is still working with Lydia on some outstanding issues.

Regarding the data export work around, do you know when that will be on your roadmap. A couple issues we have here:

• How does this automate? Even if we put that in as a custom field, we would still need to manually go in and update that information on our side and reupload to Memberstack. We played around here, and it is not adding that timestamp of the change. We get notified of it, but I need to know the date. Not just get a ping?

• It’s eating up our Zap triggers, and we only have a certain budget to accomplish what we need? Do you have an ETA on this update?

For your specific use case maybe using more of the backend API with Integromat would be a better fit. It is cheaper than zapier.

https://docs.memberstack.com/

How does this automate? Even if we put that in as a custom field, we would still need to manually go in and update that information on our side and reupload to Memberstack. We played around here, and it is not adding that timestamp of the change. We get notified of it, but I need to know the date. Not just get a ping?

This can be done within the signup zap. You would update the member information with the current date in the custom field.

Thanks Josh, but do you have an ETA on when this will be automatically included in your csv download available to your clients?

Try exporting the csv again. Signup dates should be included now! Just got confirmation from our dev team! :grinning:

1 Like