Internet Explorer - Hidden Content

Hello @DuncanHamra & @belltyler, please see the attached screenshot. Unfortunately, I’ve found that content that should be hidden based on a membership level is not being hidden on Internet Explorer. Aside from the horrible formatting issues, which I’m aware of because of lack of support for certain elements. The major concern is that the elements are showing for customers that haven’t paid for the access to the content.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

1 Like

We’re in the process of hiring a developer to work on this very thing!

Until then, this is a great fix: https://webflow.com/website/Block-Internet-Explorer-Module-Design

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I set this up on selected pages so that the customers would be flagged about their old browser and would be prevented from logging in and accessing the pages/content.

1 Like

Wow that’s a great find!

@DuncanHamra Are there already news on this bug? We have some clients which need to use internet explorer and we can’t sell MemberStack to them before this bug is fixed. Blocking IE is no option for them. Would be happy if you could give a timeframe we can expect a solution. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this back up and providing your perspective also! I’ve actually rebuilt our landing pages and sales pages to make sure they format properly and look good in IE because we are still getting a significant (at least for us) amount of traffic from IE. I’m currently blocking, showing a pop-up to encourage those users to make the move to a different browser, but that isn’t ideal. I am still looking for a resolution also because I really don’t want to miss an opportunity to sign-up a new customer that just hasn’t upgraded their PC or changed their browser habits yet.

@philipp @DuncanHamra @belltyler

2 Likes

@DuncanHamra and @belltyler: Any news regarding support for internet explorer?

2 Likes

Hi @philipp not yet, but we’re accounting for this in our hiring plan. It’s a 2020 must have.

1 Like

@DuncanHamra Thanks for that update and for keeping it on the list. As anecdotal evidence that IE is still alive and kicking for us see these numbers of New users | Users for the period of Jan 2 through Feb 2, 2020:

• |Chrome|15,153|16,848|
  • |Internet Explorer|5,255|6,018|
  • |Safari|3,968|4,111|
  • |Edge|3,849|4,644|
  • |Firefox|1,129|1,232|

I still find it crazy to think that many people are coming to us from IE but one factor for us specifically is that we have Paid ads running on Microsoft Bing, so by default I think we are subject to a larger potential audience from IE.

1 Like