MemberStack.io

Logged in behaviour for a member who has an inactive membership

For members that cancel their subscription, and it becomes inactive, what is the expected behaviour?

When I’ve tested it out, when I try to log in with a membership that is inactive, I get a popup message prompting me to add my credit card / renew my membership. This is even the case for when I try to access pages that aren’t normally ‘member-only’.

So it’s a pretty disruptive experience for the user.

Is there any way, if a user has an inactive membership, of directing them to a specific page?

I would like

1. logged in users to be redirected to a page where they can reactive their membership (potentially by choosing a different plan)

2. to be able to ‘log out’ inactive members. At the moment a user who tries to log in with an active membership is in a sort of annoying limbo, because they are constantly given payment prompts, even on non-member pages, and they can’t log out of their account to stop these.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Alastair, this is a fantastic idea!

I believe you could manage the redirect now w/ a bit of custom code… maybe someone in the forum can help out with that (man I wish I could code :sweat_smile:)

I’ve added this to our roadmap/feature requests list. I don’t think this would be very hard for us to do :crossed_fingers:I’ll let you know if we have a chance to add it.

1 Like

OK thanks @DuncanHamra.

In the meantime, what’s the easiest way to reactive their plan, if they want to?

Instruct them to:

1. Log-in
  2. If they want to continue with the same plan, they just input their cc details
  3. If they want to change plan, they need to go to the page that has the ‘ms-signup’ buttons, and pick a new one?
1 Like

Yup! 1, 2, 3, is the best way to go for now.

Let us know if it gives you any trouble. :+1:

Understood, thanks very much!

1 Like