Membership Job Board

Hi Eveyone,

I haven’t yet used Memberstack, but I love what you guys are doing. I’ve got so many ideas of how to use this.

So here’s the thing, I’ve got the idea to create a job board in Webflow combined with Memberstack. It will have two types of members; companies (hiring) and candidates.

Companies will be able to sign up to a premium account and create a profile for there company that will be visible to non members as well as members. They’ll need to be able to post jobs, remove jobs and view all applications to each job.

Candidates will sign up for a free account and create their profile, but this won’t be visible to non members or other candidates. Only companies will be able to search candidates. Candidates should be able to apply for job listings using information from their profile.

My understanding is that I will need to use Zapier to send the info from Memberstack to a Google Sheet and then onto Webflow to create collection items in the CMS, that can then be displayed on the website. This would be for companies, candidates and job listings. Am I correct?

My next question, how would I create a list of applications for a specific job for companies to view? And can I create a counter that shows the number of applications?

How would I allow companies to remove a job? Or could I make it so it auto-unpublishes itself after a set length of time?

I think my last question is less specific to my idea, but I was thinking. You can auto add form submissions to MailChimp using the unique id number in the Webflow form. If I do that, but then add the Memberstack attributes, would the form submit to both?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Cheers,
Paul

2 Likes

Hi Paul, excellent questions!

At some point we really need to have a template for this. Until then, let’s keep the conversation going here so future users can see how to build a job board with MemberStack.

Companies will be able to sign up to a premium account and create a profile for there company that will be visible to non members as well as members. They’ll need to be able to post jobs, remove jobs and view all applications to each job.

Got it.

Candidates will sign up for a free account and create their profile, but this won’t be visible to non members or other candidates. Only companies will be able to search candidates. Candidates should be able to apply for job listings using information from their profile.

Candidates will have a separate collection in Webflow. Companies should have access to a search page with candidates info. https://www.jetboost.io/ Chris build a plug and play CMS search feature.

My understanding is that I will need to use Zapier to send the info from Memberstack to a Google Sheet and then onto Webflow to create collection items in the CMS, that can then be displayed on the website. This would be for companies, candidates and job listings. Am I correct?

You are correct :smiley:

My next question, how would I create a list of applications for a specific job for companies to view? And can I create a counter that shows the number of applications?

I think you’ll want a separate collection for applications. Companies will people able to see a filtered list of applications that match their job/company name.

How would I allow companies to remove a job? Or could I make it so it auto-unpublishes itself after a set length of time?

The auto-unpublish idea is the most simple. You could use a filter in Webflow to hide posts that are older than a certain date.

I think my last question is less specific to my idea, but I was thinking. You can auto add form submissions to MailChimp using the unique id number in the Webflow form. If I do that, but then add the Memberstack attributes, would the form submit to both?

MemberStack disables form submissions, so you’ll need to pass that info into Mailchimp via Zapier.

I hope this helps! If you need anything along the way, just let us know.

Yeah, a template would be good. Once I’ve got a working version, I’ll post the link and see if you want to use it as a template.

I’ll check out Chris’ search feature, cheers.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts on how to do it. The only thing that worries me now is the number of CMS items this will use within Webflow. If it grows substantially, it would outgrow Webflow’s 10K limit.

Thanks for the info, I’ll post my progress when I get around to it.

1 Like

I love the template idea! Feel free to share your progress as you go along. Depending on the build quality we’d be happy to post the template in our showcase/get your name out. If that’s something you’re interested in, of course.

Good news on the 10k limit… you’ll have validated your model and should have plenty of money to help rebuild in a more scalable way. Needing more than 10k items is a wonderful problem to have :smiley:

1 Like

When you have this setup such that an employer sees a list of only their candidates, I’m wondering how the access is enforced? Is it just client side? I need a solution that is secure.

1 Like

Hi Kalen! Welcome to the forum.

It’s all client-side atm. We found a way to 100% secure content hosted on any website, but it’s not ready yet.

Thanks do you have any rough ETA on when it may be live?

1 Like

I’m afraid not :frowning:

However, we are making some big changes that should decrease dev time. We’ll try to expose our roadmap better as well. Big changes coming soon!

I don’t mean to be a hater and memberstack seems like a really cool product that tons of people love (and that I’d love to be able to use), but the idea that an entire membership platform is built on the back of a completely insecure data model blows my mind a bit.

I’m glad you said something. Let me clarify :+1:

Data stored in MemberStack is secure. Emails and passwords, for example, are secured using industry best practices. We force HTTPS, meaning data between websites and our servers is always encrypted. Plus, data stored in our database is encrypted at rest.

The text and digital assets you place on your website are secured in the front-end. In the same way that the movie industry can’t stop people from pirating movies, you can’t stop your audience from making copies of your content. Since it’s so easy for folks to distribute digital content, front-end security is usually enough.

If you have a use case that requires max security, MemberStack isn’t a great fit right now. Unless you’re able to pass that content into MemberStack. Any content served my MemberStack is only accessible to members.

I guess that makes more sense when you frame it that way that memberstack is mostly about distributing digital content. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Hi Paul, I am interested to build a very similar jobboard as you wanted one year ago.
I am wondering if you have already built your website and if I could see it and help me figure out a few details when building mine? Thank you!!

Philipp