New Member password reset/change link

Hello,

We would like to do the following:

• set user accounts by uploading .csv file
  • send e-mails to members that they now have an account (zapier?)
  • set temporary password and link to reset it by mail directly to the reset pass form? is this possible?
    I cannot seem to open the pop up whenever the page is open by using the direct # modal for pass reset link
    (maybe also for the mail address from the recipient to be already in the form?)

Could anybody inform if this is possible?

Thank you

Hey Cristian :wave:

Welcome, and thank you for posting in the forum! :partying_face:

You are on the right track. You would use Zapier to send out emails. To open the popup would take some custom code. You would have to create some javascript that fake clicks on a login button and then fake clicks on the forgot password button. I’ll break this down a little bit further:

• Add a hidden button on a blank page. The page URL could be something like /change-password

• Add some custom code to click on the hidden button and then the password reset link. The code would be similar to the following.

MemberStack.onReady.then(function(member) {   
      setTimeout(function() {
        document.getElementById("loginButton").click();
        document.querySelector('.ms-signup-reset').click();
      }, 3000); // waits 3 seconds to ensure memberstack has been loaded
    });

An example can be seen here

I created a new example for you! Here is a read only link in webflow so you can see all the code and everything!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/password-reset-page?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=password-reset-page&preview=238338c6caca7371758fa402fc333c86&mode=preview

1 Like