New to Memberstack - Online Courses Website

Hello all!

Using Webflow, I’m building a site that allows users to access online courses.

Each course will be stand alone and priced individually.

Am I able to set it so that users can login (with profile and dashboard), and pay for / access separate courses? So far I’ve only figured out how to have them access all hidden content at once. Ideally, we want users to have one single login, but only able to view specific content that they have bought / unlocked.

Also, our courses are time sensitive, so we want to set times and dates when they are accessible, before access ends. Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance for any answers I may receive!
George

Hey George :wave:

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting. :smiley:

Currently, members can only have one membership at a time making your use case not currently possible. I agree having the ability to sell individual courses would be amazing! This is currently on our roadmap. Here is an advanced tutorial to give you an idea of an advanced set up with Memberstack. This might spark some ideas for workarounds.

Does this need to be one-off purchases for each course (e.g. multiple purchases)? So they decide to purchase course A, are so impressed with it that it prompts them to now make a second purchase for course B?

Or would they come in, select all the courses they want to purchase, and be charged only 1 time?

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply!

It would be one-off, multiple purchases. They would purchase one course, and that may be it. Perhaps they will return for another course at a later date, for which they will be charged separately for.

Cheers! G

Ok thanks Josh! Is this likely to be something that will be developed soon?

I can’t give you an exact ETA on this but I can say we are currently hiring more awesome people to be part of the team! As we grow things will get quicker. :smiley:

1 Like

Would all of the courses be the same price?

No, they would vary in price.

@gkazakos based upon all of the feedback, you’re going to be a bit limited at the moment, but as mentioned already MemberStack is growing (quick) and my experience is they’ve been really great about getting new features baked into the product.

My advice would be to setup you course site now, with some constraints on what you could do, and then grow it into what you want it to be as MemberStack continues to bolt on the features you need.

If that’s an interest to you (understandable if it’s not) here’s how I’d approach it…

Using Webflow, I’m building a site that allows users to access online courses.

Webflow + MemberStack + Zapier is your friend (depending upon your setup, you may need Airtable as well)

Here’s a screencast I’ve created that walks you through setting up exactly this:

Am I able to set it so that users can login (with profile and dashboard), and pay for / access separate courses?

You could get a course site setup and collecting revenue immediately, but with a slightly altered setup (and just grow with MemberStack as they add more features).

Would all of the courses be the same price?
No, they would vary in price.
They would purchase one course, and that may be it.

I would suggest having free visitors (non-logged in visitors) and paid members.

1. Free visitors do NOT need to login to view previews of your courses. Once you’ve convinced them they need a full course they…
  2. Sign up for that specific course and pay you.

You could create a new Membership (within MemberStack) for each course, and the “buy” button would be bound to each of those memberships.

Here’s an example of how to setup gated content with MemberStack (and Webflow) but provide a unique dashboard for each member (e.g. the specific course that they purchased):

Perhaps they will return for another course at a later date, for which they will be charged separately for.

Until MemberStack bolts on this feature, you’d need to do something custom for this user. But from what you’ve said this sounds like the minority use-case and something that shouldn’t stop you from taking advantage of MemberStack to start generating immediate revenue for yourself.

1 Like

Amazing! Thanks for all the info Chris, super helpful! I’ll have a think. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hello all! Thanks again for your previous replies, super helpful. I have another question:

Am I able to drip feed content to members across a set period of time? For example, having restricted access to ‘Week One’, before being allowed to access ‘Week Two’ content, 7 days later?

Many thanks,
George

Hey George :wave:

I think this could be done if you added a hidden signup date field. That would give you a date to send out different content from with zapier I believe. I did something similar to this for a customer without using zapier and just a bunch of custom code where I added a signup date field to the member profile that was hidden and then with javascript would restrict access to content made 1 month before the signup date.

Hey Josh!

Thanks for your reply. Using custom code and javascript, were members able to view all their accessible content at once? Or did they have to wait to access it gradually?

Do you have any resources you could share regarding a custom code approach?

Thanks!
George

I don’t understand these questions. Can you please give more context? :grinning: