Onboarding dead-end problem

Hey Memberstack Fam!

I’m asking this question after reviewing the forum answers for similar topic and couldn’t find the solution for my problem.

I am sending the users to a multi-step onboarding page which is a single page slider form. This is purely a Webflow form and not MemberStack profile update form.

User should go through all the four steps and in the last step when hitting the ‘Go to my dashboard’ button, it should take to the user’s personalised page

In the last step comes the dead-end💀, instead of showing the button to be taken to their member personalised page, the button is hidden.

This is intended to happen👇

But this is what is shown hiding the button.

I have tried the solution @ChrisDrit posted that uses a custom code to reload and redirect to member’s page but that doesn’t work for multi step form.

I tried another custom code that listens for button click and redirects to the members page. (similar to @ChrisDrit 's one but for button clicks)

<script>

var Webflow = Webflow || [];
Webflow.push(function () {
MemberStack.onReady.then(function(member) {
   if(member.memberPage){

$("#dashboard").submit(function (event) {
        setTimeout(function () { window.location.replace(member.memberPage);}, 1000);
    });
} else{
   	setTimeout(function() { location.reload(true); }, 3000);
   }
	})

});

</script>

Now it shows the button

but doesn’t respond and stuck on showing the waiting text

I have checked the Zapier Task History and it works flawlessly sending data back and forth with Memberstack and Webflow

Here is the link to the project page

Any inputs/advices on how to move forward is highly appreciated :bowing_man:‍♂:pray:

Hey Mohammed :wave:

In your post you said “This is purely a Webflow form and not MemberStack profile update form.” Why are you not using a Memberstack form instead? Trying to wrap my head around this problem. :smiley:

1 Like

hey @Josh-Lopez
Don’t actually know if my use case would work best by converting the Webflow form to Memberstack profile update form

I’m actually capturing memberstack member details using hidden fields and when the user clicks the submit button(apart from redirecting to member’s page) it’ll run a zap process to add a row to airtable, then send that data back to Webflow to update the fields in member collection (using Zapier Webhooks and sending a PUT)

So to be clear how the flow works

1. Memberstack Signup form
    We have setup zap for signup process and it works fine without any errors

2. Upon sign-up the user is sent to a static on-boarding page.
    Onboarding page is a 3 sliders inside a form

3. The first slider shows a ton of checkboxes whose values are needed to send PUT request later

4. The success screen is displayed on the third slider with a submit button

5. Click on the button redirects to the members dashboard page and also submits the form to webflow which is used for the Zap process.

Hello again,

I was just looking at your site and it seems you are actually using your form as a Memberstack update form. I also noticed you have a redirect url going to the #/ms/member-page/default page but our system wont recognize it in this way. In this use case what you would need to do is use only this code:

var Webflow = Webflow || [];
Webflow.push(function () {
MemberStack.onReady.then(function(member) {
   if(member.memberPage){

$("#dashboard").submit(function (event) {
        event.preventDefault();
        setTimeout(function () { window.location.href("/" + member.memberPage);}, 3000);
    });
	}
})

});

1 Like

Oh sorry, I changed the form to Memberstack profile update form but that looks like an odd way as I wanted to use the form data to send Zapier Webhooks.

So I’m reverting back to Webflow Form but would need to send the users to their personal dashboard once the form is submitted.

In that case, can you help me fix the deadend?

yes. Removing the redirect in the form element and the data-ms-profile then adding the code above should fix everything. I think the main thing that was missing in your code was

event.preventDefault();
1 Like

Thanks, checking that :+1:

Thanks so much @Josh-Lopez this got working finally :+1::partying_face::heart:

1 Like

Sorry I missed this, but it looks like you’ve got your solution! If you decide to go the route I’ve outlined above I can most likely pinpoint the spot that failed you and get that working. Otherwise, glad it’s all working for you!

1 Like