MemberStack.io

Pass checkbox value from form into Zapier

I have a custom sign up form with email and password and a checkbox (“opt-in”). When I try to use the checkbox value as an input in Zapier, the field is not present as a booleon or a text field. (Although email and password are, and work fine.)

Specifically, I have tried two approaches, 1. using the Zapier filter, and 2. using a Zap to move this information into another service. (Both using “new member” trigger.)

1. The Zap filter takes Memberstack signup information: if opt-in is true, also do “other things” for this new member. But can’t select opt-in value as an input.

2. I have tried to work around this by passing the opt-in checkbox value to a Webflow CMS or a google sheet. But equally neither have opt-in as a value choice.

Am I missing something, or is this a feature that doesn’t yet exist?

Forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere. I did look.

Hey James :wave:

Welcome, and thank you for posting in the forum! :partying_face:

Would you mind making a loom.com video of your setup or we can schedule a meeting so we can knock this out. :smiley: Here is my schedule Josh Lopez’s calendar

Sure. What am I missing here: https://www.loom.com/share/bf9274a4641f46d29a91fe7fdf511f73

Just watched your loom video! Thank you!

I think the problem is the test data your working with in zapier. Try adding a user with the checkbox enabled then go into zapier and use that new data as test data. Here is a link from zapier that may help. :smiley:

Resolved

I had already tried replacing the data with a record that had the checkbox selected, but it didn’t work.

But, I followed this thinking and set up a new zap from scratch using data with it selected, and it worked great.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Glad you were able to fix it! :smiley:

Josh. Sorry to bug you again. Now the form we discussed is working, but the checkbox is REQUIRED, where it wasn’t required before. It doesn’t seem that should have anything to do with the zap, but do you have any ideas? Is it related?

It shouldn’t have anything to do with it. If you turn off required and it doesnt work you may need to submit a bug report because I don’t see anything else really wrong with your site. :smiley:

Where could I have made it required? I can’t find it.

You can read info on webflow here. This should take you to an image where the required checkbox is and give more info about webflow forms.

Thanks Josh. You continue to help me fix non-memberstack issues I have screwed up. I must have checked this while troubleshooting the last issue, and couldn’t find it again!

Thanks for your help. It’s all good to go now.

1 Like