MemberStack.io

Passwords cannot be submitted (only on Safari iPad)

I have a user who is trying to sign up on an iPad (Safari), but is getting the passwords cannot be submitted error.

The signup form is working everywhere else (other browsers).

Form is at www.leonardoenglish.com/signup (after having chosen a membership at www.leonardoenglish.com/subscribe)

I can’t see what the issue would be, and have read this https://help.memberstack.io/post/passwords-cannot-be-submitted-error

I have suggested clearing cookies, opening in an incognito tab, and have asked to confirm that JS is enabled.

None of which has worked.

The below is the error message that is being received

What could be the cause of this error?

Is this the only user who is getting this error on iPad Safari? Or is everyone using iPad Safari getting the same error?

Does the user have the latest iOS installed, with the latest version of Safari installed?

Does it work on iPhone Safari?

So many questions… :laughing:

Is this the only user who is getting this error on iPad Safari? Or is everyone using iPad Safari getting the same error?

It’s the first time I’ve heard of it. I don’t have an iPad (now trying to track one down) to test…

Does the user have the latest iOS installed, with the latest version of Safari installed?

Looks like it:

Initial Browser: Mobile Safari 9.0

Initial Device Type: Tablet

Initial Platform: iOS 9.3.5

Does it work on iPhone Safari?

Yes

So many questions… :laughing:

I know…
Was just checking if this was a known issue, or what else could be suggested to fix it. The user has tried all of the above…

I’m not sure if this will actually solve the issue, but it doesn’t look like your user has the latest iOS version, and also doesn’t have the latest Mobile Safari version.

The current version of iOS is 13.1.xxx and the latest mobile Safari version is 13.0.

It sounds like this might be an isolated issue for only this user. Since they only need to sign up once, the simple solution is to just ask them to sign up on a computer (or maybe install Google Chrome on their iPad). If it works, then I wouldn’t worry about it until you get more users with the same issue. If it still doesn’t work, then you know the issue is with the user’s account. Maybe they have already created an account before but forgot?

OK, I’ll give that a go. Thanks @alankemsley!