Prevent auto log-in after sign-up

Hi there!
I was wondering if there was any way to prevent the auto log-in after the user signs up?

Thank you a lot in advance :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Hey J :wave:

Currently, this is not possible.

1. Can you share an example of when the auto login hurt you or your business?
  2. How often does this happen?
  3. How often do you this done by other companies? Why did you look at them & what problem did that solve for you?

Hey Josh, thank you for your reply.

I have a flow where multiple things happen when a user signs up. When they sign up, there’s a zap that creates a couple of items in different collection lists (one of them is actually their unique dashboard, which at the same time is the member page inside Memberstack) which then update to airtable and then, when this is done, sends a confirmation email to the user.

So, as in our use case each user has its own dashboard that is made within webflow, and as this dashboard might take some time to create (the zaps I mentioned above) I was thinking in having the user sign up, and then wait for the confirmation email before logging in, making sure that, by the time the user logs in (after the email) everything is already up and running.

Does it make sense?

1 Like

Hey @Josh-Lopez, I thought about a workaround.
Is there any way I can delay the transition of the sign-up by 2 seconds?
So, when a user clicks on “sign-up”, instead of triggering the sign-up page immediately, somehow delay it for a bit. It’s almost like extending the transition animation with the 3 dots that Memberstack provides.
That’s the time it usually takes the zap to execute, so if I’d somehow manage to delay the transition to the log-in page, then everything should be fine.

Thank you a lot for your help

What I have done in the past is to send a user to a black page with a loading animation for 2 seconds and then redirect them to a another page. This is advanced so you may have to add your project to our Find an Expert form.