Showing notes on particular video for every user

Hi everyone!

I have an e-learning Webflow site that I would like to add these few features but at the moment unable to find an appropriate solution.

1. I would like to add so that the user can take notes on the video there are watching and save them to their profile.
  2. Add the ability to copy the youtube video link and then be able to watch it on my site and take notes on it.
  3. Add a popup window that notifies the user that they have watched 5 videos and tells the user to consider what they have learned and how they can implement and take action.
  4. Add comments and the forum discourse tool to the site.

@DuncanHamra @Josh-Lopez @mollyfloyd24 @ChrisDrit

here is the link to my site.
https://www.youlearn-now.com/

Hey Kami :wave:

Welcome and thank you for posting in the forum! :smile:

I love what you are trying to do. I think this is going to take some custom development work to implement. Unfortunately, we don’t have the resources to help with free custom development work. That said, we know a bunch of great freelancers and we’re happy to introduce you to one/multiple who will be able to help.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with! :smiley:

Well I can code myself but I need some direction how can I store those Notes on a video for every other user who login. And where that notes will be stored?
Thanks,

To do something like that you would probably need to integrate airtable. Here is an awesome video that would help you get on the right path. :smiley:

Hi @funwithkami :wave:

The feedback so far is really good, but here’s my $0.02 on what you’re asking for…

So you can either save that to a MemberStack profile or a Webflow CMS profile. My approach has been to do the latter as it is more tightly integrated with Webflow allowing for easier display, updates, associations, etc… I lean heavily on MemberStack for authentication and usually sync all data from MemberStack into my Webflow CMS via Zapier.

I have a screencast that shows you how to setup MemberStack and integrate smoothly with a commenting system. For your use-case, you could easily retool the commenting system to be the “notes” for each video watched. It’s a 4-part video series, but start with this one:

I can visualize 2 Webflow CMS Collections, “Videos” and “Notes”. There is a multi-reference field setup between the two so that you know which notes associate to which video. You can see a lot of that if you watch this screencast:

You’ll have to have a form button that identifies a user has finished watching a video. You could easily build it by following the screencast linked above (same concepts discussed in it).

You’d then have to setup a Webflow filter that looks for a count (that you track in your Webflow CMS based upon that button click) and when the count is greater than, or equal to 5 shows a hidden div with the info you wish to communicate to the user.

Comments are easy enough, follow along with the full screencast series linked above. The discourse tool, I have no idea :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

1 Like