The correct workflow for an association with invites

So we have been beavering away building the website www.watersoftenersinfo.co.uk for our members. We recognised that we would need a member area and hooray for memberstack.
The question is we would like to send our members their login details via email from your back end. That seems logical to us. They will have already send in forms etc to our office. We want then to grant them access?

1 Like

Will they be joining via Memberstack, or will you be taking payment separately and you will add them to Memberstack manually yourself?

1 Like

Hey Paul :wave:

Welcome, and thank you for posting in the forum! :partying_face:

Andy nailed it! That was the exact question I was going to ask. :smiley:

1 Like

payment completely separately as they need to go through a lot of hoops. We then want to add them on to memberstack and hopefully as we add them on the y could be emailed with their details. Want to get it right before we become paying users.

This is possible using zapier to send out emails from one of our triggers. The main issue would be passwords though. Sending password through email has been frowned upon because its a security risk. What you could do is use a default password and send the user a video on how to change the password in their profile.

Thanks. Love zapier, two thoughts, shame that memberstack cannot sent the email. Plus also as you said it would be great if the system insisted that after first sign in you have to have a new password.

@aiwse my personal thoughts are (if you don’t mind me jumping in) that while it would be convenient for MS to send emails on your behalf, the vast majority of people implementing this might not want that functionality.

A strong draw of MS for me is the ability to white label everything - unless a website visitor recognised the modal etc or dug into the website’s code, they would not know it was an external service. I control the branding of everything (including the emails, which is really important for my use case for a project I’m developing). This would not be possible if MS sent the emails, unless there was some sort of fancy way of tying in my own domain email service.

Silver linings everywhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just trying to link zapier. I cannot see a way of pulling up the password on an email to new members

Hey Paul :wave:

We do not give you access to passwords because we do not have access to passwords. When a user signs up their password is salted and hashed for security measures. :grinning: