Update Email Address

Self-service portals just got more self-serve. Members can securely update their email address right from their profile modal.

4 Likes

Another great feature - well done team!

Thank you for this great upgrade!

YYYYAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

So just to be clear here. If a teacher using my service, logs into their account for students to use, and let’s say a student gets to the profile modal they could then effectively lock out the teacher? Is there a confirmation on the email end? If not, would it be suggested by you then to not expose the modal? What are others doing to not show the profile modal, but allow some access to it?

Hey Richard :wave:

Great questions, let me try and answer as best as possible.

If a teacher using my service, logs into their account for students to use, and let’s say a student gets to the profile modal they could then effectively lock out the teacher?

Yes, using the profile modal they could change the email address. You could hide the email field with css though but any savvy student could use the console to show it.

Is there a confirmation on the email end?

No, there is not a confirmation email sent.

would it be suggested by you then to not expose the modal?

You are correct for your specific use case because they would also be able to change other information you have in their profile.

What are others doing to not show the profile modal, but allow some access to it?

Other community members create their own custom modal to show to users with a custom form.

1 Like

Great update!
Just one thing - can you tell me (also add in the Translate Google Sheet), what we need to add to the custom code to translate that new button?

Cheers!

Is there a way to disable this? Possible with the Memberstack Translation?

Hi,

This email updating functionality is great. Nice work!

It seems it may not be possible for security reasons, but is there any way to update the email address and password in a form, along with the rest of the profile info? Or, does this modal need to be used?

If there is a workaround, can you give a top level explanation of how to do it?

Thanks,

Josh

I second this! If there is a way please let us know!