MemberStack.io

Update Specific User in CMS

Hello MemberStack Team,

I have a question which I have not figured out yet, I know when a new account is created the users are saved in memberstack and I can create the new user in webflows cms using zapier but when a user updates his info how can I target that specific user in CMS for the changes to take place in memberstack and also in the CMS.

Thanks in advance!
Steven

2 Likes

Hi Steven! Great question. It’s something we hear alot, and have finally worked out a proper solution.

The new “Find a Freelancer” page on MemberStack is using Webflow, Zapier, MemberStack, and a google sheet to let freelancers create and update profiles.

This video will give you a high level overview of how it works. It’s not bad at all if you don’t need images… images are doable, but they are tricky.

I hope this helps!

Please let us know if you have any questions. Hopefully this thread will become a useful resource for future users!

4 Likes

thank you Duncan,

I had a feeling this used id’s and I can see this requires a multistep zap. I understand how this works.

2 Likes

Awesome! Just be careful when you’re setting it all up. The membership-id and the id look very similar. You want to use the id from MemberStack and the id from the Webflow CMS.

haha lots of ids!

2 Likes

is there an alternative for zapier? would like to test this before upgrading the plan on zapier.

2 Likes

@Steven we do have webhook support that allows you to use Zapier alternatives for the triggers. An example of this is integromat

It’s just not possible to update a Member yet outside of Zapier. That’s still in development.

So for now if you need to update a member, then Zapier is the way to go.

2 Likes

Hello,

for some reason I cant find Memberstack in zapier.

1 Like

ok just saw that I needed the invite link to add Memberstack to Zapier. I see there are two versions 1.0.1 and 1.1.0 which one should I choose?

1 Like

Hey @Steven! You want 1.1.0. The other version will get deleted soon.

2 Likes