Webflow and Memberstacks setup

Hello,

I am looking for an answer about user dashboards, I have built into Webflow and Memberstack before using Zapier to handle the creation of users account in the CMS, this then gives them access to their own dashboard by appending the the users url to the dashboard page (which is the CMS template).

What I want to create this time is multiple pages not the CMS template and allow the user to only have access to their own dashboard which uses multiple pages, is this possible?

Thanks Chris

Trying to make sure I’m understanding your question…so you currently have a CMS Template Page that you use as a logged in members dashboard. You want to link out to a Static Page (from this members dashboard) but only want to allow logged in members to access this static page, yes?

Hi Chris,

That is correct I want signed up members to have access to single pages that has unique content to them.

…and these “single pages” are static pages, not CMS Template Pages, yes?

Narrowing down the scope a bit more…how are you creating unique content for different members on Static Pages?

1. Via a Collection List element
  2. Some form of automation
  3. Manually
  4. ?

Yep both points are correct.

This is not setup yet, but ideally collection list elements but not sure this will work and I am trying to understand the how I can implement this.

So I have single pages and add different collection list elements would this work to show content from the collections just for that specific user?

When you add a Collection List element to a Static Page, Webflow allows you to “filter” the display of that list by any fields value in the Collection. The problem is associating an MS user to that filter. Webflow won’t allow you to do that dynamically. It’s all done manually within the Webflow Designer.

I have single pages and add different collection list elements would this work to show content from the collections just for that specific user?

Based on the above, the short answer to your question is “no” it’s not possible.

I’m not sure how deep down this rabbit hole you’re willing to go, but there may be some creative ways to redirect someone away from a static page if they don’t match a MS member id.

Thank you Chris for the explanation, this is disappointing, I was heading down the route of using a template which has all its dashboard sections on different pages and then altering for my needs.

The only ways I can think of using this is alter the page elements into tabs and then some of the sections apply the memberstacks data attributes.

@Chris , did you find an answer to this? I also want to use static pages rather than CMS pages as my unique membership page but keep running into problems!

Hello Chris,

I have not found a solution currently but I am still developing the service which is the dashboard, would I be able to ask what product/service you are looking to develop this in?

Regards

Chris